Young Water Fellowship Program for young leaders …
Young Water Solutions is now accepting applications for its 2018 Fellowship program from young leaders from low and middle income countries with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues. Deadline for application is May 16, 2018.
The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
Young Water Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a a citizen of a low or middle-income country
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that these dates might be subject to change).
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
Young Water Fellowship Program Benefits
- Training: In partnership with Cewas, Young Water Solutions will offer 10 young entrepreneurs (‘’Fellows’’) the possibility to participate in Cewas’ Start-up Training Programme.
- Mentorship: Fellows will also be assigned mentors, get the chance to exponentially increase their supporting networks in the water and entrepreneurship sectors, and apply for seed-funding for the first steps of implementation of their social enterprises.
- Project Implementation: Fellows are provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 for their initiatives
All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
How to Apply for Young Water Fellowship Program
Are you young and eager to make a difference in water and sanitation issues in your community? Apply for the Young Water Fellowship Program.
- Video submission: You should create a 2-minute video (maximum) describing the water issue and the proposed initiative in English. The video should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive or any other platform, and its link is to be shared in the application form or sent by email to email@example.com. A guide to uploading videos can be found in Annex 3. Applications without a video will not be considered.
- Application form: You must fill in an application form answering questions about the initiative and about your own background. You will be asked to upload a short CV and a reference letter. You can download the applications form here to work on it offline.
In the exceptional case that you can’t fill in the form online, you can submit your proposal, video or supporting documents (cv, reference letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we strongly prefer that you fill in the online form.
If you have further questions about the YWF 2018, please contact: email@example.com. Only questions that are not addressed in the Q&A will be answered.
Apply Before: May 16th, 2018.