African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is now accepting applications form suitably qualified candidates for its 2018 Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP). Deadline for submission of Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme application is June 6, 2018. See more details below.
African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP).
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan – African Reinsurance Company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums.
The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is one of several ways Africa Re fulfils one of its missions to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa. The objective of this annual online training programme is to offer brilliant graduates the possibility of accelerated career development thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience. They will undergo an intensive 9 months’ on-line training on a specially designed package focusing on Reinsurance, Leadership and Management subjects. The training programme will be run in English and French.
Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in another city where Africa Re has an office to conclude the training and for the graduation ceremony. During the one week face- to- face training, participants will be divided into teams. Each team will be requested to present a paper of not more than 5 pages on how they expect to influence their respective organizations in the areas of training, knowledge and skills acquisition if they assume positions of authority.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism;
- Develop/improve internal operations processes (client servicing, claims handling, etc.);
- Contribute to market research and segmentation for low income clients, and develop products for the masses in order to increase insurance penetration;
- Contribute to the construction of reliable database of re/insurance market statistics.
Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme Eligibility.
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme Benefits.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
How to Apply for Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme.
Interested candidates are requested to submit an online application between 7 May and 6 June 2018. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, reference forms and a cover letter. An interview may be part of the assessment process if deemed necessary.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 30 June 2018 and must be available to commence the programme in July 2018. Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
Enquiries about the application process should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share This Post On: