World Social Science Forum Scholarship (WSSF) Scholarship (travel grants) Fund for early career social scientists from low- or lower-middle income countries.
The World Social Science Forum 2018 is dedicated to security, currently one of the most pressing concerns of societies worldwide. Over the course of four days, the participants will look into various dimensions of security, interrogating how the demand for security relates to societies’ quest for equality and sustainability. Presenters will look into approaches, trends, and responses from different sectors. The WSS Forum2018 will allow identifying critical research priorities on security, as well as data and knowledge gaps, globally and in specific regions.
In order to secure the voices of young researchers in this global event, the Forum organizers are putting together a WSSF Scholarship (travel grants) Fund for early career social scientists from low- or lower-middle income countries.
World Social Science Forum Scholarship (travel grants) Fund Benefits.
The WSSF2018 Scholarship for Early Career Social Scientists will cover
- economy return flight (to be booked by the WSSF Secretariat);
- visa application expenses( if necessary);
- 5 nights’ accommodation (:@JPY10,300 /night);
- daily allowance for meals etc. for 5 days(:@JPY2,200/day) and
- early registration fee.
World Social Science Forum Scholarship Selection & Requirements.
The WSSF Scientific Program Committee will competitively select grantees. Candidates eligible to apply for support from the Fund are early career social scientists from a low- or lower-middle income country with a presentation accepted in the 2018 WSSF program. The grant is conditional to the acceptance of the presentation by the Scientific Program Committee, Candidates should
- preferably be under 40 years of age;
- preferably be post-doc level (or equivalent experience) and
- live and work on research in a low- or lower-middle income countries (according to the World Bank Data).
How to Apply for World Social Science Forum Scholarship (travel grants) Fund.
Download the application form and submit via the online Call for Papers. In case you have already been accepted as a speaker through the Call for Sessions, please email us at the address: [email protected]with your application document attached.
You will also be asked to provide a short CV (2 pages maximum) and proof of employment for a research institution. You are required to set all the documents into one PDF file.
- Application deadline: 17 March, 2018 (24:00 Japan Standard Time)
- Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than 30 May, 2018.