Applications/nominations are invited for the 2020 World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards. The deadline for submission of applications/nominations is 20th January, 2020.
The WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society.
The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
About World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards.
Each year, the WISE Awards recognizes and promotes six innovative projects that address global education challenges and transforming communities. The selected projects are models of excellence that serve as an inspiration for others to improve education through innovation and creative action.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, early childhood education, employment, civic education and education in emergency contexts.
World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards Eligibility.
- Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
- Anyone who has submitted a previous application to the WISE Awards can submit a new application for the same – or for a different – project.
- Previous recipients of the WISE Awards are not eligible to apply for the 2020 WISE Awards. Moreover, others involved in the projects and/or activities that have received previous WISE Awards are not eligible to apply on behalf of the same project or activity.
World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards Benefits.
- Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000, and will benefit from increased public interest through media exposure and other channels.
- The WISE Awards is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting projects, nor is it intended to be a source of funding for new and untried ideas. Any such applications or nominations will not be considered.
World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards Requirements.
- Applications should be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project.
- All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold WISE liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
- Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project, this could be a beneficiary, partnering organization, government agency…etc.
- Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by WISE, nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill out the nomination form.
- However, WISE will contact nominated projects if they are shortlisted for the Pre-Jury evaluation.
World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards Criteria.
- The WISE Awards recognize innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities and society.
- The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
- its innovative nature;
- its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
- the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries
How to Apply/Nominate for World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards.
It is possible to apply for a WISE Awards on behalf of your own project, or to nominate another project for the WISE Award.
In order for the application/nomination form to be eligible, your submission must:
- Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vita or other forms of documents will not be considered)
- Be complete and accurate
- Be submitted in English
- Be submitted online by the official deadline
- In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g. former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)
Share This Post On: