Applications are invited from young Africans from low- and middle income countries for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research at the University of Ghana for the 2019/2020 academic year. The deadline for submission of applications is 30th April, 2019.
The Office of Research, Innovation and Development (ORID) is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for the award of scholarships for one-year Masters studies in Public Health for the 2019/2020 academic year. The scholarship is supported by TDR (the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, which is co-sponsored by UNICEF, UNDP, the World Bank, and WHO). The vision of TDR is that the health and wellbeing of people burdened by infectious diseases of poverty is improved through research and training.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Ghana Study Areas.
Ten (10) Master’s scholarships will be offered under the programme for the 2019/2020 academic year in the following areas:
- Master’s in Public Health
- MSc Applied Health and Social Sciences
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Ghana Coverage.
The scheme provides scholarships for fulltime studies and is focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle-income countries. The scholarship recipients will conduct their thesis projects on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), malaria and tuberculosis, in Ghana. Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Ghana Eligibility.
- be nationals of, and resident in, low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region.
- normally be under 35 years old at the time of application for the Master’s programme.
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international graduate students (for postgraduate admission requirements at University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page).
- be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- be proficient in English.
- provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of programme.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates from French-speaking and Portuguese-speaking countries with a good working knowledge of English are encouraged to apply. Please take note that the language of instruction is English. An English language improvement course will be arranged prior to the start of the programme.
- Candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Ghana Benefits.
The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health, and covers:
- one round return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
- tuition and academic fees;
- basic medical and accident insurance;
- monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation equivalent to local living cost; and
- support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Ghana Selection.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants will have seven (7) calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student is unable to take up the scholarship. University of Ghana reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if any information provided in support of the application is false.
How to Apply for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Ghana.
Applications for the TDR international postgraduate scholarship must be submitted online at: https://admission.ug.edu.gh/tdr.
Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University of Ghana: http://admission.ug.edu.gh/freshstudents/index.php/graduate-admissions/apply- now.html. Please take note that this is a requirement and the deadline for UG admission is 31 May 2019.
The deadline for submission of scholarship applications is TUESDAY, 30 APRIL 2019.
For more information on the scheme at the University of Ghana, please contact:
E-mail: Pre and Post Award Services at email@example.com or Mrs Abena Engmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.