United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is now accepting submissions for its 2018 Innovation Accelerator Cohort III. The best teams are selected to participate in a three-to-six-month Sprint Programme, where they receive up to USD 100,000 in funding, field access, and hands-on support so that they can test the solution’s impact and scalability for WFP.
Does your company have the potential to solve hunger? Apply to the Innovation Accelerator of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) for mentorship, financial support and access to WFP operations, partners and technical experts.
Selected teams are invited to participate in a Bootcamp in Munich, Germany, where they deep dive field-level challenges, ideate solutions and refine project plans. WFP introduces participants to cutting-edge innovation techniques, such as human-centred design and lean start-up, to create viable business models and use cases for WFP and its beneficiaries.
The week-long Bootcamp culminates with Pitch Night – an opportunity for teams to share their solutions with an audience of investors and industry leaders who can help them bring to scale.
The best teams are selected to participate in a three-to-six-month Sprint Programme, where they receive up to USD 100,000 in funding, field access, and hands-on support so that they can test the solution’s impact and scalability for WFP. To support implementation, the Accelerator helps teams connect with a global network of mentors, including private sector and non-profit experts, donors and WFP Country Offices.
- Your start-up, company or NGO must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that we prioritize projects that are designed alongside our core users—vulnerable communities—and piloted at an early stage to ensure impact and maximize cost effectiveness. We are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
|Application Deadline||24 September 2018|
|Innovation Bootcamps||19-23 November 2018|
|Pitch Nights||22 November 2018|
How to Apply for United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator.
- Check your eligibility in the section above.
- Visit our application page hosted by F6S*.
- Create an account and ask your team members to register. All team members need to be registered so that you can apply as a team.
- “Create a team” by selecting registered members or inviting others to join your team. If team members are unable to register, you can select “It’s just me” to access the application.
- Answer the questionnaire. We want to learn about the problem, your proposed solution and its potential impact, your company and your team. When you are done with the questionnaire, click on “Connect”.