Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Autumn 2018. Westerwelle Foundation is now accepting applications from individuals who had started their company within the last five years for its 2018 Young Founders Programme. Deadline for submission of application is May 31st, 2018. See details below….
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Benefits.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 16 – 20 October 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
- Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Eligibility.
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model,
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies,
- you possess a good working knowledge of English.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Key Dates.
- Online application (Deadline: 25 June 2018, 10AM CET)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (9 July 2018)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (10 – 27 July 2018)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (10 August 2018)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (13 August 2018)
Timeline of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
- 16 – 20 October 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
- October 2018 – September 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
How to Apply for Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
We screen all applications and invite shortlisted candidates for a Skype interview. Based on the results of both the written applications and Skype interviews, our jury then selects the candidates who will get to participate in the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
Share This Post On: