Women in Aviation International (WAI) is now accepting applications for its 2018 scholarship. The deadline for submission of application for Women In Aviation International Scholarships is 12th November, 2018.
Scholarship awards are a major benefit of membership in Women in Aviation International and help members reach their goals and advance into the aviation and aerospace careers they have always dreamed about. A total of $695,500 was awarded in 2018, bringing the total scholarships awarded since 1995 to $11,495,581.
The Women In Aviation International Scholarships is awarded to women, sometimes males (Students, Teachers & Professionals) who are willing to pursue a degree program in Aviation.
This scholarship opportunity is created to help members reach their goals and advance into the aviation and aerospace careers they have always dreamed about.
Value Of Scholarships:$1500
- Applicants must be seeking to pursue a degree program in Aviation
- Applicants must have a G.P.A of 3.0 or equivalent at the time of application
- Applicants must be fluent in English and have good academic records
How to Apply for Women In Aviation International (WAI) Scholarships.
Please submit your application only when you have all of the necessary files ready.
Do not apply electronically and mail a paper application for the same scholarship. Please be sure to read all instructions carefully.
These requirements are the minimum for all scholarships unless otherwise indicated. Some scholarships may require additional information, please read the description thoroughly to make sure you meet all requirements.
Should you wish to print out the application form and submit your application on paper, all application materials should be submitted in the same envelope. For each scholarship include two stapled (no folders) complete application sets (one original and one copy) of the following information:
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
- If mailing your application you must also include the official WAI application form.
Descriptive essay and résumé should address the following:
- your aviation history and goals
- what you have done for yourself to achieve your goals
- where you see yourself in five and 10 years
- how the scholarship will help you achieve your objective and your present financial need
- flight or other training/education for which you need assistance; how your previous training was financed
- educational scholarships, awards, and honors
- where you would obtain the training and the hourly rate for the instructor, aircraft, and simulators, or other costs, if applying for a cash scholarship
- demonstrated involvement in aviation activities
- other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship
International applicants must meet all requirements and, in addition, must include your country’s pilot, mechanic, or other requirements and the equivalent copies of aviation certificates, licenses, and medicals.
Scholarship applications must be signed and postmarked by November 12, 2018. Scholarship application materials should be mailed to WAI Scholarships, 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381. Contact Scholarship Coordinator Donna Wallace by email or call 937-839-4647 with any additional questions.
Share This Post On: