Volvo Environment Prize is now accepting submissions from environmental scientists. Deadline for submission of entries is 10th January, 2019.
Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes.
Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
- The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually.
- The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000).
- The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
How to Nominate for Volvo Environment Prize.
Applicants must fill the online nomination form via given website and must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
- Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline, e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English.
Share This Post On: