Entries are invited from disruptive tech startups in AFRICA for the 2019 Viva Technology Challenge. The deadline for submission of entries is 1st September, 2018.
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) can help generate a self-sustaining growth in the AgriTech industry?
Today, the African Agriculture industry is facing challenges such as :
- the impact and consequences of climat on local agriculture areas
- the optimisation of limited ressources, weather natural, energy and/or living beings
- the financing of local initiatives
AI in agriculture represents a collection of multiple technologies able to to help prediction and monitoring functions. Combined with existing systems and human resources, these technologies can help answer those key challenges.
What We Expect.
The challenge is looking for AI based technologies, product or services that would:
- Help predict and monitor climatic impacts (using data and predictive schemes) and/or assets;
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, including in limited connectivity areas;
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, without needing a significant investment;
- Take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use/assess/develop the technology;
- Support the financement of local initiatives;
- Generate a self-running growth engine for AgriTech in Africa.
Viva Technology Challenge Eligibility.
For this challenge we will consider only:
- Startups from operating in Africa
- Innovative solution or serviceLess than 5 years of existenceEarly-stage // Seed-stage company
Viva Technology Challenge Prizes.
- First prize: One exhibition stand for your startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris
- Second prize: Pitching slot for your startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris
- Third prize: Two Vivatech 2019 tickets for your team
How to Enter Viva Technology Challenge.
- Short video with 2 topics: Startup presentation / How do you solve the problem? Video should be in any of the following format: mpg, mpeg, mp4, mov and be 10MB max. You can also share the organizers a “Wetransfer” link or a Youtube video
- Deck pitch: 8 slides max (ppt, pdf) – 10MB max
Apply Before: 1st September, 2018.