To encourage postgraduate research Victoria offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies (PhD). These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
Victoria University Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility.
Scholarships to undertake postgraduate study at Victoria University are highly sought after, and every year there are more applicants for scholarship funding than there are places available.
- The Scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enrol full time for a doctorate (PhD) at Victoria University or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University.
- English Language Requirements: Victoria’s English language requirements are strict and not negotiable. If student’s first language is not English, they must provide evidence of English proficiency before they will be accepted as a PhD candidate. Requirements are:
- TOEFL 575 with (preferably) a TWE of 5, or 237 on the computer-based test; or 90 on the Internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing; or
- IELTS overall band of 6.5, no sub-score below 6; or
- CAE grade B; or
- a minimum of two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in the Victoria University English proficiency programme test.
Victoria University Doctoral Scholarship Value & Tenure.
VALUE: $23,500 stipend annually + tuition fees.
TENURE OF AWARD: Scholarships will normally be tenable for three years. For a student who has already been enrolled for a Doctorate at Victoria for more than three months at the time when the offer of a Scholarship is made, the maximum length of tenure of the Scholarship will be reduced at the discretion of the Research Scholarships Committee.
How to Apply for Victoria Doctoral Scholarship.
Follow the links below to apply and learn more about the scholarship.