The CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year competition is the largest of its kind, celebrating the richness and diversity of city life around the world by challenging both amateur and professional photographers alike to capture the essence of the urban environment.
- The overall UPOTY competition winner will receive a photography trip of a lifetime to a destination of their choice for themselves and a friend. Previous winners have visited locations including Turkey, Morocco, Bhutan and Namibia.
- Regional winners will be able to take their photos to brand new heights with a photography drone. There will be three regional winners, one for each region – Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific and Americas (you will be prompted to list your country of residence when registering for the competition).
- The winner of the mobile category will be awarded a GoPro kit. To be entered in the mobile category, your picture must have been taken on a mobile device and you must tick the mobile box on the entry page.
- Winners in each category, 13-15 and 16-18 years old, will receive a GoPro package to capture stunning images and videos.
- Each hourly winner will be awarded a compact and protective shoulder bag that can easily hold a compact camera plus accessories to ensure you are ready to capture photos on the go.
Eligible Regions: Open to all.
- Open only to individuals 13 years of age or older as of date of registration. Minors in their jurisdiction of residence must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter or win.
- Employees, officers and directors of CBRE, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers (and their immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings etc.] and individuals residing in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter.
- By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited, or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Apply Before: November 30, 2017.
How to Apply:
To enter the Contest, visit CNRE website. Then, follow the online instructions to register your details including your age range and then upload and submit your Photo(s) and specify which hour of the day each Photo is meant to represent. The Photo submitted for a specific hour need not have been taken during that hour, but should look as if it was.
Each entrant may submit one Photo that represents one hour of the day, up to a total of twenty-four (24) photos (each representing a different hour of the day) per person for the entire Contest Period.
Photo Guidelines (failure to meet these guidelines including for photos taken on a mobile device will result in entries being discounted and entries will not be judged):
• Photos must be in .jpg format;
• Photos must at least 300 dpi;
• Photos must be saved in RGB/SRGB colour;
• Photos must be between 1MB and 8MB in size; and
• The Photo cannot have previously won any promotion or competition of any kind.
• Watermarks are allowed but not encouraged. If your photo is selected as a winner, you will be expected to supply a photograph without a watermark for use in any competition promotion, including the Urban Photographer of the Year coffee table book.