UONGOZI Institute is now accepting submissions for its 2018 Leadership Essay Competition from African Youths between the age of 18 – 25 years old.
The competition aims to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership.
UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition Eligibility.
- Applicants must be African citizens between the age of 18-25.
- All essays must be written in English.
UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition Prizes.
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner.
- The second prize will be $1,500.
- The third prize will be $1,000.
- The fourth prize will be $700.
- The fifth prize will be $500.
- The top 5 winners will travel to Kigali, Rwanda, to receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the African Leadership Forum Gala Dinner on 27th July, 2018, which will be attended by senior leaders from across Africa in the public, private and civil society sectors. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition Guidelines.
The competition is open to all African citizens between the age of 18 – 25 years old, to write about their perspectives on leadership as it relates to financing development and transformation in Africa. The essays should respond to the following question:
“If you were an African leader how would you finance development and transformation?”
The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropirateness to contest theme.
All essays must be written in English.
UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition Application Procedure.
Essays should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Applicants must also submit a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights (see below)
The final deadline for submission will be Friday, 18th May, 2018 (5pm GMT). The top five winners will be notified via email on the first week of July, 2018. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.
Template for Statement of Originality:
I, (Enter full name) hereby confirm that the content of the essay I have submitted is my own work and it has not been submitted elsewhere for any other purpose.
I certify that the intellectual property rights for this essay are owned by me and that any information that was sourced elsewhere has been appropriately acknowledged.
(Enter Signature and date)
(Enter Country of Citizenship)