University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) is now accepting entries for its Open Educational Resources (OER) platform ‘Upload and Win’ Competition, The deadline for submission entries for the UNN-OER ‘Upload and Win’ Competition is 30th April, 2019.
The University’s Open Educational Resources (OER) platform is built to house educational resources from all disciplines for the purpose of providing broad access to learning, increased instructional materials and improved course contents, this being in line with the global practice of promoting the Open Access Initiative. The UNN OER platform is not limited to a particular group of people in the institution; lecturers can submit their notes and teaching aids, while students and other interested parties can upload various categories of original documents, term papers, projects, videos and audios, presentations, novels, data analysis and surveys, etc. The volume and quality of resources on the platform has a major implication for the school’s standing in global rankings and credibility considerations. As it were, the purposes of the platform will be defeated if no uploads are made thereto.
It is for this reason that students, lecturers and all affiliates of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka are, therefore, being called on to take the following steps as part of this initiative to populate the platform. The Upload and Win Competition is designed as a creative, interactive way to participate in the effective use of the platform while enjoying the opportunity to win fantastic prizes!
The UNN-OER “Upload and Win” Competition will require participants to upload quality and original educational resources to the UNN OER platform (oer.unn.edu.ng) and promote these using tools that are provided on the platform. These resources may include, but are not limited to:
- Term papers;
- Assignments and reports;
- Maps and other cartographic resources;
- Class mini project reports;
- Unpublished articles
- Reports, Theses and Dissertations
- Lecture Videos
- Open access journal publications
- Abstracts of restricted journal publications
- Poems and literary articles;
- Short original educational/instructional videos/images/audio; etc.
- Original educational power point presentations;
- Original conference and webinar presentations/recordings ;
*Note that all uploads MUST be original contents of the participants.
UNN-OER ‘Upload and Win’ Competition Eligibility.
There will be various categories of participants for the competition, including
- Undergraduate students
- Postgraduate Students
- Alumni, and
- Staff of the University
UNN-OER ‘Upload and Win’ Competition Prizes.
- Overall winner (Certificate and Cash Prize)
- Six Undergraduate Student Winners; three males and three females (Certificates and Cash Prizes for First, Second, and Third prize winners, respectively).
- Three Post Graduate Winners (Certificates and Cash Prizes for First, Second and Third prize winners, respectively)
- One alumnus (Plaque and cash prize)
- One Staff Winner (Plaque and cash prize)
UNN-OER ‘Upload and Win’ Competition Key Dates.
- Registration on the platform and upload of resources: 15th April – 30th April, 2019
- Shortlisting: 1st May (promotion by participants begin immediately after).
- Online links promotion by participants: 1st May – 10th May, 2019
- Publication of List of Winners: 15th May, 2019
How to Submit Entries for UNN-OER ‘Upload and Win’ Competition.
In order to participate in the competition, participants will be required to take the following steps:
- Log on to “unn.edu.ng” and create account by clicking on “register”; follow the prompts and fill in required information.
- Use the “upload resources” button to access the upload panel and easily upload your resources in different formats, including .pdf, .doc, etc. For the upload, some information that may be required include: “resource tile, abstract, description, categories, author, name, date published”. After this, select the necessary resource file from your computer/mobile/other device and click “upload”.
- The uploaded resource will have to be approved. This is primarily to ensure the quality and originality (i.e. that the resource is “owned” by the participant) of the resource. This will usually happen in less than 24 hours, after which the participant uses the share button on the platform to share the resource link on various social media platforms, in this inviting others to “view” the uploaded resource.
For inquiries, please contact the Coordinator. Helen Nneka Okpala: ([email protected]).
Share This Post On: