Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the 2018/2019 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar awards a total of 160 graduate scholarships in the coming eight years, starting from 2018/19. The scholarship will directly benefit academically talented but disadvantaged youth from five East African countries – Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea (refugees in camps located in Ethiopia), Djibouti and South Sudan.
The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends. The Program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and will avail excellent academic and nonacademic support to Scholars during their stay at University of Gondar.
Graduate scholarships (for September 2018) are open for Ethiopian applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate study from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years;
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at the time of graduation;
- Be citizen and permanent resident of Ethiopia (and residents of Ethiopia for at least five years at the time of application);
- Have demonstrated economic difficulty to finance graduate studies; and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
Graduate applicants must be in or applying to one of the following programs:
Students from Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Djibouti will be able to apply for a graduate scholarship for the September 2019 entry. The dates of application will be announced in due time on the Scholars Program website (www.uogqueensmcf.com) and other appropriate media.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of Gondar.
Please complete and sign the under graduate online application form and send it along with required documents to the Project Office. Please note that applications submitted to other organizations or after the deadline will not be accepted.
The following documents are required to be submitted with your application:
- A medical paper signed by the Health/Hospital Board attesting to your disability type and degree, if you have been assessed by a health professional
- A copy of your Kebele ID or Passport
- A copy of your Grade 11 and 12 student transcripts
- A copy of your EHEECE registration form
- Three reference letters: teacher, director and community service supervisor
If you do not want to submit your application form online, please e-mail it to or send it to: [email protected]
University of Gondar
P.O. Box 1082
Share This Post On: