University of Essex Africa Scholarship programme application has commenced. University of Essex is now accepting applications from young Africans for its 2020/2021 Africa Scholarship programme. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a graduate of any African country. Deadline for submission of entries for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship is 18th September, 2020.
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee. If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
University of Essex Africa Scholarship Eligibility.
- These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored;
- Applicants must be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union);
- These scholarships may be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries, and who are nationals of an African nation;
- Graduates of the University of Essex are not eligible for this award;
- Students must have been awarded a first degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded;
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards;
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship has been offered, requests deferred entry, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
University of Essex Africa Scholarship Requirements.
If you have a degree from any of the following countries, these are the academic requirements:
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
How to Apply for University of Essex Africa Scholarship.
- These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered;
- The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted;
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 18 September 2020, and obtain a place on a course at Essex, will be considered for these scholarships.
Share This Post On: