Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for its 2020/2021 Internship program. The deadline for submission of applications for the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) Internship is 26th September, 2020.
The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths.
UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank-and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Duration: The duration of internships is limited to a minimum of eight weeks and a maximum of six months.
UNAIDS Internship Eligibility.
- Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution (and have completed three years of full-time studies) or have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution
- If candidates are recent graduates they will be expected to start and complete the internship within 12 months of their date of graduation.
- Candidates must be at least 20 years of age at the date of application and have a working knowledge (both oral and written) of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) require in the office of internship.
- Candidates should be holders of a valid passport from WHO/UNAIDS Member State.
- Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father) are not eligible for internships. UNAIDS may offer an internship to candidates who have not previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
UNAIDS Internship Benefits.
- Stipend may be offered by UNAIDS.
- During the internship period official travel may exceptionally be required.
- Interns will be provided with general medical illness, accident and emergency illness coverage insurance.
UNAIDS Internship Terms and Conditions.
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
How to Apply for UNAIDS Internship.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below: