The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September- September to study Global Health and Development at UCL.
UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship Eligibility.
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an unconditional offer letter to study a full-time postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship Selection Procedure.
Completed application forms will be reviewed shortly after the deadline stated on the application form.
The applications are considered and awarded by the UCL Institute for Global Health (IGH) Scholarship Committee. The committee aims to contact successful candidates by email and post within 4 weeks of the deadline.
UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship Award.
The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
How to Apply for UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship.
Once candidates have been accepted in the IGH Postgraduate programme and obtained an unconditional offer letter, candidates are required to complete a scholarship application form.
Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality (if sent by post). If sent by e-mail the referee can send the signed letter directly to Alison Gilry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholarship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training.
- A detailed personal statement.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling. If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted.
Candidates must submit their scholarship application to the IGH scholarship committee by the deadline given in the application form.
Application forms can be obtained from and, when completed, should be returned to the following postal address.
UCL Institute for Global Health
30 Guilford Street
London WC1N 1EH
If submitting your application by email please complete the form on-line in its original format and email it back to the administrator together with the CV, letters, and certificates as one single document. Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.
Apply Before: Please submit your application and supporting documentation by the 27th of April, 2018.