UCL Institute for Global Health is now accepting applications from African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background for its 2019/2020 African Graduate Scholarship. The deadline for submission of applications for the UCL Institute for Global Health African Graduate Scholarship is 29th April, 2019.
Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health on the MSc in Global Health and Development programme.
UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship Eligibility.
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an unconditional offer letter to study a full-time postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship Selection Procedure.
Completed application forms will be reviewed shortly after the deadline stated on the application form.
The applications are considered and awarded by the UCL Institute for Global Health (IGH) Scholarship Committee. The committee aims to contact successful candidates by email and post within 4 weeks of the deadline.
UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship Award.
The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
How to Apply for UCL Institute for Global Health Scholarship.
Eligible candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application form with the following documentation:
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling. If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted.
Candidates must submit their scholarship application to: email@example.com by 29th April 2019.
Please complete the application form and return by email together with supporting documentation as a single file. Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.