Applications are invited from young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019/2020. The deadline for submission of application is June 30, 2019.
The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Details.
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC is seeking 3 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology. For full details of the positions click HERE.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
- Applicants should be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines;
- Mmeet the requirements of the 3 postdoctoral postions available at BIOTEC and its research units. For full details of the positions click here.
- Apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- Must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply for TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
- The deadline to apply is 30 June 2019.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professorprogrammes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.