TU Delft | Global Initiative is now accepting applications from talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa for its 2019/2020 Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships. The deadline for submission of applications is 1 December 2018 (23:59 CET).
The Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. From the students we expect that they are willing to act as our ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
- Admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc programmes with an accumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree;
- A degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years. €25.000 per year for Sub-Saharan students.
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc..
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be TU Delf ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply for TU Delft Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships.
- Check if you’re eligible for this scholarship
- Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
In addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application:
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document, check admission requirements)
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required). EU/EFTA students can submit this document in a later stage according to the Admission instructions.
Only students meeting this deadline who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft could be considered for these scholarships.
Apply Before: 1 December 2018 (23:59 CET).