The University of Zambia, School of Public Health, is now accepting applications from young Africans from low- and middle income countries for a TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020 academic session. The deadline for submission of applications for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia is 30th April, 2019.
The University of Zambia, School of Public Health, invites interested candidates to apply for a TDR Postgraduate Scholarship which will be offered for the academic year commencing September 2019 for the following two-year full-time postgraduate programmes:
- Master of Science, Epidemiology
- Master of Public Health, Health Promotion and Education
- Master of Public Health, Health Policy and Management
The scholarship is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, co-sponsored by UNICEF, UNDP, the World Bank, and WHO. The vision of TDR is that the health and wellbeing of people burdened by infectious diseases of poverty is improved through research and innovation.
The scholarship recipients will conduct their thesis projects on Implementation Research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), malaria and tuberculosis, in their home countries. Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students.
Implementation Research focuses on the systematic approach to understanding and addressing barriers to effective and quality implementation of health interventions, strategies and policies. Further information on implementation research is available from: http://adphealth.org/irtoolkit/
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia Eligibility.
- Be residents in and nationals of low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region.
- Be 35 years old or younger.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognised university.
- Be proficient in English.
- Provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of programme.
* Please note that women and candidates from non-English speaking countries in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia Benefits.
This TDR Postgraduate Scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between home country of the candidate and Zambia
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- Support for research project thesis/dissertation expenses and supervision, including travel and sustenance during data collection
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living cost
- English course for non-English speaking candidates.
How to Apply for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia.
Application forms can be obtained from the University of Zambia website: https://www.unza.zm/schools/public-health/applications
Required documents are listed in the application form.
Completed and signed application forms, accompanied by a motivation letter in Word format, should be submitted to Dr Choolwe Nkwemu Jacobs, University of Zambia, School of Public Health: email@example.com. Please clearly state in your email subject line ‘Application for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship‘.
Deadline: 30th April, 2019.