Entries are invited from photographers around the world for the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019. The deadline for submission of entries is 11th June, 2019.
The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize is the leading international photographic portrait competition, which celebrates and promotes the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Organised by the National Portrait Gallery, London, the Prize has established a reputation for creativity and excellence, with works submitted by a range of photographers, from leading professionals to talented amateurs and the most exciting emerging artists. Photographers are encouraged to interpret ‘portrait’ in its widest sense of ‘photography concerned with portraying people with an emphasis on their identity as individuals.’
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize Eligibility.
- Open to everyone aged 18 of age or over on January 1, 2018;
- Applicant may be from any country around the world;
- Each photographer can submit up to six photographs.
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize Award.
- The winner of the competition will receive £15,000. In addition the judges, at their discretion, will award cash prizes to one or more shortlisted photographers.
- All selected works will appear in the exhibition catalogue.
How to Enter Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize.
To enter the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019, photographers will be required to upload their image(s) via the website. All images will be viewed by a panel of judges and the entrants who are successful in this round will be invited to deliver their work to a venue in London for the final round of physical judging.
Applications must be received in advance by 23.59 on Tuesday 11 June 2019