Student Innovation Challenge is now accepting entries from undergraduate students in any accredited University or Polytechnic in Nigeria. Submission Deadline For Student Innovation Challenge: 15th April, 2018.
The Student Innovation Challenge is about collaboration, innovation and creativity. Students from across Universities and Polytechnics in Nigeria will pitch their innovative ideas, learn the skills required to start and grow a successful business, perfect pitch delivery, receive business developmental support and join a network of successful entrepreneurs and innovators.
This program is a public-private collaboration and it is made possible through the support of The Presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bank of Industry and the Civic Foundation for Innovation.
Student Innovation Challenge Benefits.
- 30 Finalists will receive 1 MILLION NAIRA each in SEED FUNDING.
- Funds must go towards advancing your idea.
- Reimbursements and/or invoices, not cash awards and funding will be disbursed on agreed milestones.
Student Innovation Challenge Eligibility.
- You undergraduate students in any accredited University or Polytechnic in Nigeria.
- An idea can be submitted by an individual or a team, but all team members must be university undergraduates.
- Only one entry per team or individual.
- Each team should have a maximum of 3 members inclusive of one team leader.
- Your idea must be technologically driven.
- All pre shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch at the regional finals event.
Student Innovation Challenge Timeline.
Click the image below for better view:
DEMO Day: During the Demo Day, the boot camp finalists will have the opportunity to present their innovative ideas to the President or Vice-President, Investors and stakeholders in the public and private sector in Abuja. The selected applicants will have 3 minutes to pitch their idea, and a five-minute Q&A session with panelists. There will also be an exhibition of all ideas during the demo day event where the finalists can discuss their ideas with potential investors/donors.
How to Enter Student Innovation Challenge.
Don’t wait for your opportunity Create it! We believe you are never too young to solve a problem and make a difference. Bet on yourself. APPLY to pitch & Hack.