Shell Scholarship : The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited is now accepting applications from qualified Nigerians for its 2017/2018 undergraduate scholarship awards. The deadline for submission of applications for the Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Awards is 12th November, 2018. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited (Operator of NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers second year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award(OM).
i) The National Merit Award (NM): Is open to all Nigerians.
ii) The Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM): is for Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements.
- Be Nigerian citizens.
- Be registered Full Time undergraduates in an accredited University in Nigeria
- Be in 200 level with a minimum CGPA of 2.5
- Have a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English in their Senior School Certificate Examinations
- Have a minimum of 200 score in UTME
How to Apply for Shell Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email address (for consistent communication).
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
- The Community Trust (CT) are also required for applicants for the Operational Area Awards. The letters should be addressed to: “The ER Manager, Social Performance/Social Investment, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State”.
Please note: Each scanned document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG. Beware of the fraud websites when applying for scholar ships online. Such websites will ask you to pay for the programme, in some cases, even before submitting the application. These are completely faux sites which should be avoided. For more information or clarification please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘ Representatives’ /’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Application opens on October 2nd, 2018 and closes November 12th, 2018.
- There will be no selection tests as selection will be based strictly on relative academic performance.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.