Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is now accepting applications from young Nigerians for its 2018 LiveWIRE Programme. The deadline for submission of application for the Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme is 27th July, 2018.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2018 SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme specifically targeting youths from Bayelsa State.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and finance for young entrepreneurs.
The objectives for the LiveWIRE programme are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business start-up grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Become a Successful Business Owner (Business Planning & Management )
- Value chain workshop
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages).
- Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities along the Trans Niger Pipeline (TNP) Right of Way in Eleme, Tai, and Gokana Local Government areas of Rivers State.
- Must possess a university degree or HND in any discipline
- Must have completed NYSC if applicable.
- Must be resident in Rivers State;
- Must have an innovative business idea (ideas on agriculture enterprises are encourage).
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
How to Apply for Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email or sms.
Apply Before: 27th July, 2018.