She Leads Africa is a social enterprise dedicated to supporting young African women and their journey towards professional success. The organisation has been featured on CNN, CNBC Africa, Black Enterprise and Fox Business and has more than 400,000 community members across Africa and the diaspora.
The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The winner of the programme will receive N2 million from SLA.
This year, the programme will take place in Lagos and is open to businesses based anywhere in Nigeria.
She Leads Africa Accelerator Program Eligibility.
- Based in the Technology sector
- Based in Nigeria
- Has at least one female shareholder or owner that is aged 18-35
- Has received less than $50,000 in funding
- Has been in operation for less than three years
- Has already begun operations and has a live product or service on the market
- Unfortunately entrepreneurs in the idea stage are not eligible to apply
She Leads Africa Accelerator Program Benefits.
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Online and offline learning resources
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Opportunity to pitch your business in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
How to Apply for She Leads Africa Accelerator Program.
How the program works:
- Put together a top-notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the review committee.
- Attend three 1-weekboot camps being trained by the SLA team and connecting with some of Nigeria’s most prominent business and operational experts.
- Complete bi-weekly online workshops.
- Join us in Lagos for the Demo Day in October and pitch your business to a room of local and international investors and media.
NOTE: There is no fee to apply or participate in the Accelerator program. Transport fares and accommodation fees for participants outside of of Lagos will be covered by SLA.
Application Closing Date: May 20th 2018.
Program Dates: July 2nd – October 8, 2018.