Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Sciences Po Emile-Boutmy Scholarships for Undergraduate and Master’s programmes for the 2019/2020 academic year. The deadline for submission of applications is April 8, 2019.
Sciences Po created the Emile-Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
Sciences Po Emile-Boutmy Scholarships Requirements.
- The Emile-Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarship (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…).
- This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account.
- This scholarship is not automatically awarded: candidates must indicate their wish to apply directly in their online bachelor or master’s application form.
Sciences Po Emile-Boutmy Scholarship Eligibility.
- Students must be, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union
- Must have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Exchange students
How to Apply for Sciences Po Emile-Boutmy Scholarship.
Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application. Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…). Applicants must also attach, if applicable, their language test before the application deadline of the scholarship.
The Admissions Department is responsible for awarding Emile-Boutmy scholarships. Please note that your scholarship request will only be taken into account if you are admitted to one of our eligible programmes.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme: April 8, 2019
- Deadline for master programme: January 3, 2019
For more information contact the Admissions Department either by filling out this contact form, or by phone +33 (0)1 45 49 50 82