The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is offering scholarships to Media and Communications Professionals. The scholarships include a contribution towards the cost of living, the course fees, visa, travel and insurance. Deadline for submission of applications for OKP Scholarships for RNTC Courses is 11th July, 2019.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides OKP (formerly known as NFP) scholarship for the RNTC courses for media and communications professionals from a variety of partner countries. The scholarships include a contribution towards the cost of living, the course fees, visa, travel and insurance. If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between actual costs and the OKP scholarship amount.
The scholarships are administered by Nuffic, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education. OKP stands for ‘Orange Knowledge Programme’ and these scholarships are available for 52 countries. Please check below whether you meet the criteria to apply for a OKP scholarship.
As of today you can apply with a scholarship for the following courses:
- Producing Media to Counter Radicalisation
- Media Campaigns for Development and Social Change
OKP Scholarships for RNTC Courses Eligibility.
OKP stands for ‘Orange Knowledge Programme’ and these scholarships are available for 53 countries.
Apart from the RNTC course admission requirements, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a OKP (formerly known as NFP) scholarship:
- You are a national and live and work in one of the countries in the Nuffic OKP list, which you can find here;
- You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- You have an Employer’s Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- You have an official and valid passport;
- You do not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- Check if you need to provide a Government Statement here. If required, you must have a Government Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided.
N.B. The OKP program has no age limit.
For OKP scholarships make sure to check the OKP Country Focus document, if you are nominated for a scholarship for an RNTC course, the Dutch embassy in your country will evaluate your application not only on its own merit, but also on how it fits with the embassy’s country focus as described in this document.
How to Apply for OKP Scholarships for RNTC Courses.
The deadline to register for OKP scholarships via our website is 11 July 2019 16:00 CET. Apply early as you will need to complete your application in two phases and the registration on our website is just the first eligibility phase.