Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for the2020/2021 Roger Casement Fellowship in Human Rights for Masters Study in Ireland. The deadline for the submission of applications is 13th September, 2020.
Under the Casement fellowship, full financial support is provided for one-year full-time post-graduate education for candidates from Nigeria to undertake a one year master’s level course of study in Human Rights in Ireland.
The purpose of the Roger Casement Fellowship Programme is to provide talented candidates with the opportunity to pursue advanced education and professional development in Ireland in order to contribute to the future development of Nigeria.
The Roger Casement fellowship has been established to honour the memory of the Irish human rights activist Roger Casement who spent some of his early working life in Calabar, Nigeria. He was an early advocate for human rights while in Nigeria, and, famously, during his later work in the Congo, the Amazon and in Ireland. With his humanitarian legacy in mind, it has been decided to support one Nigerian student to study a master’s degree in human rights in Ireland.
Roger Casement Fellowship Eligibility.
- be a citizen of Nigeria and be residing in Nigeria;
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a master’s level course of study in Human Rights;
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience;
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Nigeria;
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered;
- meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Nigeria;
- be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
Candidates will need to have achieved the necessary educational standard to be accepted onto a Masters course in a Higher Education Institute in Ireland.
Roger Casement Fellowship Benefits.
- The Roger Casement Fellowship Programme normally covers: return airfares, full tuition, stipends to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, health insurance and other allowances, in addition to the necessary entry arrangements such as medical examination and visa.
How to Apply for Roger Casement Fellowship.
Read the Applicants Guidance Note carefully before completing your application.
The application process consists of three stages:
- Stage 1 Preliminary Application;
- Stage 2 Detailed Application;
- Stage 3 Interviews.
Download the following documents
- Roger Casement Fellowship Directory of Programme 2021-22
- Roger Casement Fellowship Stage 1 Guidance Note 2021-22
- Roger Casement Fellowship Stage 1 Application Form 2021-22
Applications should be submitted by email to the Embassy of Ireland, Nigeria, at the following email address: email@example.com.
Share This Post On: