Rise Labs is now accepting entries from students, data scientists, working professionals, developers and academics across Nigeria, for its 2019 Artificial Intelligence Ideathon. The deadline for submission of applications for Rise Labs Artificial Intelligence Ideathon is 20th September, 2019.
Artificial Intelligence is expected to transform various industries just as Electricity did over 10 Decades ago and global consulting firm, McKinsey has stated that non-internet sectors like Agriculture, Education, Energy, Logistics & Manufacturing will see a $13 Trillion GDP growth driven by AIby 2030.
That’s why The Rise Labs by Rise Networks, Nigeria’s first AI powered Learning, Research and Work Readiness Centre based in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital in partnership with Business Day and other Key Private Sector Stakeholders has launched the Nation’s first Artificial IntelligenceIdeathon by calling for revolutionary ideas that have the potential of solving Nigeria’s Education, Agriculture, Healthcare and financial inclusion problems using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models and methodologies.
The 2019 AI IDEATHON is open to students, data scientists, working professionals, developers and academics across Nigeria who are passionate about becoming the early pioneers of groundbreaking innovative solutions to the challenges identified above by applying their knowledge and ideas in the realm of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Solutions while encouraging research and collaboration to drive industry-focusedAI innovation and the uptake of AI-driven results across sectors.
Rise Labs Artificial Intelligence Ideathon Prizes.
Winners of the Ideathon will get the rare opportunity of a veritable springboard to showcase and share their AI and ML models and applications to a broad community of stakeholders especially Policy Makers, Technology Experts and Organizations, Leaders in the Private Sector and Venture Capitalists to facilitate the scaling and execution of their ideas. They will also win world class, brand new work tools and software which include an Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018) +$1000, a Microsoft Surface Book 2 (13.5-inch), a 13-inch, 2018 MacBook Air along with a Publication of their Ideas in The Rise Labs National AI Innovation e-book, Mentorship Support by some the best AI Innovators & Experts within Nigeria & around the World, National Public Recognition & Opportunity to Network and fundraise at WORKPLAN: Africa’s Action Plan on Education, Skills and the Future of Work for the Youth on November 23rd, 2019 and a Free 3-6months Workspace, Incubation and Technical support at The Rise Labs.
Rise Labs Artificial Intelligence Ideathon Selection Criteria.
- Potential to enhance Education in Africa
- Impact and scalability of idea or innovation
- Novelty and Uniqueness of idea
- Use and application of AI and ML technology in the Solution
How to Submit Entries for the Rise Labs Artificial Intelligence Ideathon.
To submit an entry, visit the Ideathon website at https://risenetworks.org/labs/the-rise-labs-ai-ideathon-registration-form/ and follow the instructions to register and submit your idea for using Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning (“AI” and/or “ML”) to transform education, agriculture, healthcare and financial inclusion in Nigeria. (“Submission”). Your submission may include supporting materials including diagrams, videos or references to additional research so long as it meets the Eligible Entry requirements described below. All required information must be provided for your submission to be eligible.
- Upload your project – To submit an Idea, visit the https://risenetworks.org/labs/the-rise-labs-ai-ideathon-registration-form/ and follow the instructions to register and submit your Idea.
- Idea review – Submit an existing practical AI model, a demo app, a demo video of not more than 4 minutes’ maximum length and test dataset to enter the challenge. Your submitted Idea/Project goes through detailed review process by our judges.
- Winner announcement – Winners will be announced within 21 days after Ideathon closes.
- Prizes – The top three ideas (each) win prizes as mentioned above in the “Prizes” section, plus an opportunity for:
- Your Idea will be published inside our National AI Innovation ebook
- Mentorship Support by some the best AI Innovators & Experts within Nigeria & around the World
- National Public Recognition & Opportunity to Network at WORKPLAN: Africa’s Action Plan on Education, Skills and the Future of Work for the Youth.
- Free 3-6months Workspace, Incubation and Technical support at The Rise Labs
Any attempt by you or anyone to obtain more than the stated number of submissions by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void your submissions and you may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited. We will not be responsible for excess, lost, late, or incomplete submissions.
Friday September 20th – Applications Closes.
For further enquires or information, you may –
Email: [email protected]
Share This Post On: