Applications are invited from citizens of (or refugees in) Commonwealth countries for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships at the University of Namibia 2020. The deadline for submission of applications for the scholarship is 9th July, 2020.
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QES) is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
There is 1 QECS award available at the University of Namibia. The following courses are eligible for this award:
- MSc Industrial Biochemistry (11MSIB)
- MSc Microbiology (11MMBL)
- MSc Nuclear Science (11MSNU)
- MA Industrial Psychology (13MIPS)
- MSc Civil Engineering (19MCVE)
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Sri Lanka 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Pacific 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Papua New Guinea 2020/2021
- Distance Learning Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) at the University of South Africa
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) at the University of Namibia Eligibility.
To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level
Universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions – please email the University of Namibia for further information
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) at the University of Namibia.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Apply for a QECS at the University of Namibia, by completing an online application form.
Applications will close at 4pm (UTC +1) on 9 July