A respected engineering foundation based in Nigeria is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for its limited number of competitive, merit-based PhD scholarships.
A well-established and respected engineering foundation based in a prominent first generation Federal University in South West Nigeria has three ( 3) openings for PHD scholarships in Electric Power Systems development and practice.
Candidates should have:
- a minimum of BSc (Electrical /Electronic Eng) (Second Class Upper Division ) from an accredited institution approved by COREN.
- S/He must have verifiable key project experience or researchable interests in Electric Power Systems .
- S/He must pass specified competitive written /oral screening tests .
- Equal opportunities are available to male /female candidates.
Areas of special interests include but not limited to:
- Transmission /Distribution Network Optimization,
- Technical Loss Reduction Strategies,
- Network Performance and Monitoring,
- Rate Base Computation and Optimized Tariff Models,
- Power System Protection (High Impedance Faults, Relay Co-ordination , Impedance Matching, etc),
- Power Sector Regulation,
- Transformer Performance Monitoring and Maintenance Strategies (Online Diagnostics and Condition-Based Evaluation of Networks and Substation).
The candidates shall attach a 500-word proposal on his /her PhD aspiration and be prepared to sign a mutually -agreed bond to gauge efficiency and effectiveness over the project life cycle.
Application opens from Monday, March 25,2019 and closes on April 25,2019.
For further enquiries,please direct SMS to 09098985557 and email your CV /Credentials /Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for further screening within four(4) weeks of close of applications.