Peniel Foundation is now accepting applications from youth with disabilities in Africa for its 2019 Mentorship Program. The deadline for submission of applications for the Peniel Mentorship Program (PMP) is 7th October, 2019.
Peniel Foundation is introducing Peniel Mentorship Program (PMP), the first E-mentoring program for youths with disabilities in Africa. PMP will be matching youths with disabilities (Mentees) with highly skilled Professionals (Mentors) both with and without disabilities. Our decision to operate with a blended system of skilled Professionals stems from the vision of our organization which is an inclusive society.
The program is for a period of 6 months with mentor-mentees meeting online at least 3 times a month throughout the period.
Peniel Mentorship Program Objectives.
The objectives of the mentoring program are:
- To help youths with disability attain their full potential through mentorship
- Fostering inclusion through mentorship
- Mindset Reorientation
Peniel Mentorship Program Eligibility.
- Applicant must be a person living with disability
- Applicant must be 18-40 years
- Must be Nigerian
- Must have a device with internet connection for the period of the program
- Ambitious and willing to act on action plans, agreed with your mentor
- An interest in being a mentor
- Mentor should possess a recognized qualification in their field
- Mentor should have an up to date industry and subject knowledge
- Recognized by colleagues as a practitioner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Would love to mentor a youth living with disabilities
Peniel Mentorship Program Benefits.
- Peniel Mentorship Program aims to match Professionals (career/business) with youths with disabilities in the hope of raising career aspirations, business clarity and helping to improve their employability or start up their business venture with the right foundation.
- In light of the under representation of youths with disabilities in Nigeria, PMP will assist the youths in realizing their potential.
- PMP provides mentees access to a mentor, who will support them in achieving their goals that are connected to employment, entrepreneurship, educational achievement and civic engagement leadership.
- They support mentees towards building their self-confidence, endurance and assist them towards their identified goals.
- Mentees build experience and knowledge while providing opportunities.
- The mentees will have access to supportive relationships that will allow them fulfill their potential.
- During mentorship programs, mentors’ benefits from the mentees relationship as well. By rendering support and assistance to a mentee, the mentor attains a sense of fulfillment and purpose that money can’t buy.
- PMP will help Mentors learn about the capabilities of persons with disabilities. The mentors are learning about themselves and mentors without disabilities are learning about disability from a practical and not theoretical perspective.
- Mentors receive a signed PMP e-certificate
How to Apply for Peniel Mentorship Program.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below: