The Saville Foundation is now accepting submissions for its 2018 Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education. Deadline for submission application is August 14th, 2018.
The Pan African Awards is an annual competition run with the generous support of The Saville Foundation. The competition seeks out the very best organisations who are using enterprise and entrepreneurship to innovate in the field of education in Africa.
In Africa, the continent home to the largest youth population in the world, educators face a critical challenge: how to teach an ever-growing number of students using limited resources while also helping young people develop skills for the future.
Entrepreneurship has proven to be a successful practice for funding education while also giving students and out-of-school youth a platform for gaining real-life professional experience.
Now, organisations providing young people with hands-on business experience or using community-based business solutions to fund education have the chance to win $15,000 USD for their work through the Pan-African Awards for Enterprise in Education.
The main features of projects and programmes we award are:
- Entrepreneurial – tackling problems in education by teaching, training and empowering young people through hands-on entrepreneurial experience or generating income to fund education.
- Sustainable – generates funding beyond donations and subsidies as a primary source of income, able to retain and grow participants and promotes environmental protection.
- Create Impact – demonstrate measurable results for educational achievement and economic outcomes for participants and the wider community.
- Experiential – provide students with hands-on experience in a live environment.
- Top Prize – $15,000
- 2 Runner Up Prizes – $5,000
- Future Partner Prize – $5,000
All winners will also win a fully funded spot for one delegate at our annual Education That Pays conference.
- Accepting entries from June 20 – August 14 2018
- Winners will be announced in mid-September 2018
Share This Post On: