Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the One Young World & London Business School Scholarship 2020/2021. The deadline for submission of applications is 2nd January, 2020.
The One Young World & London Business School Scholarship will enable one member of the One Young World Ambassador Community to complete a transformative post-graduate degree programme at London Business School (LBS).
The scholarship offers you the opportunity to apply to join the 2020/21 cohort of LBS’s full-time, 12 month Masters in Management, Masters in Analytics and Management, or Masters in Financial Analysis programme.
Details of Masters Programmes
- Masters in Management: Kick-start a world-class career in business with a Masters in Management (MiM) from LBS. Developed in consultation with top global recruiters, the MiM equips you with the critical understanding, adaptive mindset and business-ready practical skills to launch an international career in today’s fast-moving world. Interact with world-leading business minds and industry experts, and expand your global perspective within a student body drawn from every continent. During your studies, you will gain unparalleled opportunities to forge the international business connections and networks needed to make your mark effectively. The MiM gives you what you need to stand out from the competition, to hit the ground running and to deliver real impact wherever your career takes you.
- Masters in Analytics and Management: An exciting recent addition to LBS’s successful Early Careers portfolio, the Masters in Analytics and Management is a unique one-year programme that blends the applied data analytics skills recruiters demand with world-class teaching in general management. Integrated and practical, the MAM focuses on the point where business, data and machine learning intersect. Top recruiters are actively seeking high-calibre graduates who combine a detailed knowledge of data analytics with strong business acumen. They want effective team players, keen communicators who can translate wide-ranging technical information to management in a compelling, cognizant manner. The MAM is designed to equip students to do just that.
- Masters in Financial Analysis: Delivered in London – the world’s foremost capital market – the MFA gives you a rock-solid grounding in state-of-the-art financial tools, financial markets and global business understanding. The LBS world-renowned faculty guide you through the latest in research, software and techniques, as you build the business-ready skills to shape your future. Balancing theory with practice and real-world business exposure, the MFA gives you the chance to connect with international institutions and practitioners and build an international network. LBS’s strong relationship with global recruiters opens up unparalleled opportunities for you to set off on the right path in your professional journey.
One Young World & London Business School Scholarship Eligibility.
Only One Young World Ambassadors are eligible for this opportunity. One Young World Ambassadors are individuals who have attended at least one One Young World Summit as a delegate.
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Hold at least an undergraduate degree.
- Have a maximum of two years’ post-graduate work experience.
- Hold a minimum overall GMAT Exam score of 560, or the equivalent score on the GRE. You do not need to have completed the GMAT or GRE Exam to submit an initial application. However, if you are thinking of applying for this scholarship, you should begin researching the GMAT or GRE Exam and start preparing for it. Find out more about the GMAT here and more about the GRE here.
- Demonstrate a strong motivation to undertake your chosen Early Career masters programme at London Business School.
- Be able to travel to and live in London, UK, between August 2020 and July 2021.
- Demonstrate that you are a strong Ambassador for the One Young World Community, being concerned with and making an impact on pressing social or environmental issues.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the role of business in contributing to the realisation of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Have strong written and verbal English language skills.
One Young World & London Business School Scholarship Benefits.
The scholarship provides:
- A funded place on the 2020/21 intake of LBS’s Masters in Management, Masters in Analytics and Management, or Masters in Financial Analysis programmes.
- In addition to waiving the programme fees, LBS will provide the winning scholar with a stipend, creating a total scholarship package worth about £55,000.
- LBS will sponsor the succesful applicant’s Tier 4 study visa, if required.
How to Apply for One Young World & London Business School Scholarship.
- Stage one: One Young World will nominate up to 15 applicants for this scholarship programme. To be considered for One Young World’s nomination, apply here by January 2, 2020.
- Stage two: Up to five of One Young World’s nominees will be contacted by LBS and invited to the second stage, when they will submit formal applications for their chosen programme. In addition to completing LBS’s online application, the shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Participate in an interview with an LBS staff member or LBS alumnus/alumna (latter are based around the world).
- Provide a CV/Resume.
- Provide proof of their English language ability.
- Provide copies of university transcripts.
- Provide two references.
- Sit the GMAT or GRE Exam with a licenced testing centre and provide documentary evidence of their score.
- Submit an entrance essay.
Share This Post On: