David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) is now accepting applications for its 2018 Secondary School Scholarship. Deadline for submission of application is July 15, 2018.
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Faith Academy Secondary Schools, Nigeria.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
1. Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
2. Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
3. Have a record of exceptional performance at the primary or junior secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 80% recorded average in Primary/Junior Secondary School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Faith Academy Secondary Schools
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 1 academic session. The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside the Secondary School generated Academic fees.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Faith Academy Secondary Schools
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Secondary School Scholarship.
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
- Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the application.
- Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT to be listed as referees.
- English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Friday 15th July, 2018.
Note: You are to fill the form below and send scanned copy of the same form to [email protected]
For this Secondary School Application, Parents/Legal Guardian should be involved in assisting their ward in correctly filling this application.
Share This Post On: