ONE, a campaigning and advocacy organisation, is now accepting applications from emerging young leaders in Nigeria who are interested in joining its program. The deadline for submission of applications for the ONE Champion Program in Nigeria is 31st March, 2019.
ONE in Nigeria is recruiting for its 4th cohort of the ONE Champions Program. This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 50 emerging leaders between 18-35 years of age who will champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal level in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty with focus on gender and youth.
These champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
This is a fantastic opportunity to impact your community, country and the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven ONE members in an incredible, supportive environment. Champions will receive training on how to campaign, lobby decision-makers and engage the media. You will have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put your skills into practice in meetings with high-level decision makers.
What You Need to Become a ONE Champion.
- A passion for ONE’s mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
Your Responsibilities as a ONE Champion.
ONE Champions will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and activities, and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meet with decision-makers, movers and shakers
- Use social media to raise awareness and create change
- Encouraging the public to take online and in person campaign actions
- Develop analyses and write ups on key issues
- Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts and member-recruitment activities
- Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in your constituency
- Keep ONE informed on key developments in their communities and develop content
- Partner with the team to plan events and social media activities
- Help ONE identify strategic media institutions to target in order to maximize publicity
- Assist in the mobilization of members in Nigeria
- Raise ONE’s profile in your community
Benefits of Becoming a ONE Champion.
- A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in your community and the world working with a highly visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment
- Trainings on grassroots campaigning and advocacy
- Gain experience on the practical side of campaigning
- Opportunities to engage with policy makers
- Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation/completion
- Exposure and Represent ONE at both local and international conferences
How to Become a ONE Champion.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Apply Before: March 31st, 2019.