OKP and MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) are now accepting applications from eligible candidates for their 2019 Scholarships for IHE Delft Short Courses. The deadline for submission of applications is 11th October, 2018.
The OKP (formerly NFP) and MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) issue scholarships for IHE Delft Short Courses with a start date between 04 March and 20 July 2019. Eligible candidates can apply for a OKP or MSP scholarship between 06 September and 11 October 2018. You will need to have academic admission at IHE Delft before you can apply for a scholarship, so make sure you apply before 27 September to allow IHE Delft time to check your application.
The scholarships are awarded in a competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organization. OKP and MSP are initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic, the organisation for internationalisation in education in the Netherlands.
OKP and MSP Scholarships Eligibility.
For MSP, eligible countries are: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria*, and Tunisia. *MSP is not currently open to applicants applying from Syria. Applicants with the Syrian nationality may apply if they are residing and working in one of the other MSP countries on the list.
For OKP, eligible countries are: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Macedonia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
To be eligible for an OKP or MSP scholarship:
- one must be a professional and national of, and living and working in one of the countries on the OKP or MSP country list (see above) valid at the time of application;
- one must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- one must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means of staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft); a large national and/or a large commercial organisation; bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- one must have an official passport valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form by the candidate.
- one must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- the candidate must not receive more than one OKP or MSP scholarship for courses that take place at the same time
And additionally for MSP:
- the age of the MSP candidate must not exceed 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission
How to Apply for OKP and MSP Scholarships.
- You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study, preferably some years of working experience and a good command of the English language. Some courses have specific requirements.
- You will need to have academic admission at IHE Delft before you can apply for a scholarship. So if you are interested, apply for one of 48 short courses with a start date between 04 March and 20 July 2019 and start to prepare the documents that need to be submitted to OKP/MSP. For an overview of all IHE Delft Short Courses, click here.
You can apply for a OKP or MSP scholarship through ATLAS -the online application tool for OKP and MSP scholarships between 06 September and 11 October 2018.
Please take note of the following:
- You first need to have academic acceptance to IHE Delft’s Short Courses and make sure you apply before 27 September to allow IHE Delft time to check your application.
- Applying for a scholarship often takes time and effort, but might not lead to a OKP or MSP scholarship, as Nuffic receives thousands of applications each year
- You are allowed to apply for only one OKP or MSP scholarship by this deadline
- You will need to prepare and collect all the necessary documents in advance, this may take some time
- Use the following documents: Format Employers Statement OKP
- Check: here to see whether or not you will need to submit: Statement of Government Authority OKP
- Use the following documents: Format Employers Statement MSP
- Check: here to see whether or not you will need to submit: MSP Statement of Government Authority
Incomplete applications will not be accepted, so please pay good attention to the documents you will need to prepare.
Apply before: 11th October, 2018.