In line with the vision statement, which is “to aspire to a world where Sustainable Development, centered on human capacity-building, is a reality for all”, OFID provides the opportunity of an Internship Program for students from diverse academic backgrounds to build their capacity by enriching their educational experience through practical day-to-day work in an International Organization.
The program is open to all applicants, between 20 and 30 years of age, university students who are about to graduate or who have just graduated from university (undergraduate program), with preference given to citizens of OFID’s Member Countries (Please see the full list of OFID Member Countries).
In-line with the particular activities of the departments/units/group within OFID, the area of the program will include developmental economy; project financing; grants; financial management (investment/treasury and accounting/control); human resource; administration and protocol; public relation and information; legal; as well as information technology.
As the program is intended to be a learning experience, the interns will not receive any remuneration whatsoever, including reimbursement of costs of visas, travel, accommodation and living expenses, as well as any transportation costs incurred in connection with their commuting to OFID’s Headquarters during the program.
The duration of the program will be a period of up to three months on a full time basis. The program will be opened twice a year, namely:
1. Summer period i.e. from beginning of July until end of September, with the deadline of application April 1st
2. Spring period i.e. from beginning of January until end of March, with the deadline of application October 1st
Due to the expected large volume of applications, OFID would only enter into further correspondence with short-listed candidates.
The selected candidate must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy in Austria or a similar arrangement under or in accordance with which the candidate will be fully medically covered during the duration of the program. S/he must also be requested to supply the following documents to be sent to personnel[at]ofid.org:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Copy of University Degree or equivalent OR an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the enrolment of the applicant as an undergraduate student at the said university/school
- Copy of up-to-date university transcripts showing the cumulative GPA
- A short essay in English (about 150-250 words) outlining the applicant’s motivation for seeking internship under the Program.
How to apply for OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Internship Program.
For the purpose of effectiveness, OFID will only accept applications from qualified candidates who complete the official online Internship Application Form.
You may find it helpful to print out a copy of the relevant Instructions for Completing the Internship Application before proceeding.
Complete and submit the online Internship Application.
All applications must be completed in English.
When you are applying, please keep in mind the following:
- Read instructions carefully, before starting to complete the form.
- Use the TAB key to move from one data entry field to the next while completing the form. You may also use the mouse to move from a specific field to another; simply click on the selected field.
- The data entry field are long enough to allow you to enter all the information requested.
- Please note that fields marked with and asterix (*) are required for submission
- DD = Day, MM = Month number, MMM = First three characters of month name, YYYY = Year.
- Where the selection list does not have the option you want to select, please type the information in the relevant Others Specify or Comments fields.
- When you have answered all the questions in the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form. This will transmit the information you have entered and register you as a candidate for OFID’s Internship Program.
- When you click on the Reset button, all the data already entered is erased and a new copy of the form is displayed.
- Short-listed candidates will receive a hard copy of their completed application, which they will be required to sign and return.