Obama Foundation is now accepting applications form rising leaders from around the world for its Scholars Program at Columbia University. The deadline for submission of applications for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is 3rd February, 2019.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together rising leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. Over the course of an academic year, the Obama Foundation Scholars will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills and to build new capacities and networks that will accelerate their impact in their home countries.
The inaugural cohort is comprised of twelve accomplished leaders, who are participating in an immersive program that brings together academic, skills-based and experiential learning, designed by Columbia University in consultation with the Obama Foundation. Scholars participate in a required course, which will run for the length of the academic year, as well as additional courses offered by Columbia University that are relevant to their specific field or values-based leadership, or that fill in gaps in their previous studies. The program also takes advantage of the unique opportunities for engagement that come with being at one of the world’s most important centers of research and with being in the City of New York.
In addition, Scholars participate in one-of-a-kind experiences led by the Obama Foundation, including robust networking, mentorship, service activities and values-based leadership development, offering them a chance to learn from some of the world’s most innovative leaders and to build connections with the Obama Foundation and with Obama Foundation Scholars at the University of Chicago.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University Eligibility.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program seeks a diverse cohort who represent a cross section of backgrounds including those working in government, the private sector, and NGOs and civil society organizations. Leaders may apply to both the Columbia University and the University of Chicago Scholars programs.
The Columbia University Obama Foundation Scholars Program seeks rising leaders from around the who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the Program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities going forward.
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University Benefits.
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
- Leadership development programming led by the Obama Foundation that will help scholars gain the real-world skills, tools and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home
Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University Key Dates.
|November 16, 2018||Online application for the 2019-2020 program opens|
|February 3, 2019||Applications are due by 11:59 pm EST|
|March 2019||Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a Skype interview with members of the selection committee|
|April 2019||Finalists will be notified of their selection by email|
How to Apply for Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Deadline: 3rd February, 2019.