Entries are invited from young Nigerian entrepreneurs for the 2018 NutriPitch-The Nourishing Nigeria Challenge. The deadline for submission of entries is 12:00 midnight WAT on Saturday, July 7, 2018.
NutriPitch-The Nourishing Nigeria Challenge is an exceptional programme developed in partnership with Scaling up Nutrition Business Network , GAIN and the Netherlands Government and supported by FATE Foundation; dedicated to posturing Nutrition focused businesses that are innovatively improving diet and tackling malnutrition in Nigeria. The programme positions entrepreneurs for growth and scale through the intensive Bootcamp Session, Business Gap Analysis and Workshop Sessions.
A Local Elevator Pitch Competition (NutriPitch) will be held at the end of the workshop sessions for businesses to showcase and pitch to key funding partners. The top five (5) entrepreneurs from the NutriPitch competition will represent Nigeria in the Regional Elevator Pitch Competition (REPC) in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key focus areas:
- Input supply
- Production (crop/animal farming)
- Logistics and distribution
- Trading and retailing
- Information management
- Be a Nigerian citizen (male or female)
- Have a business whose products and/or services promote nutrition and food safety in Nigeria. Note that the NutriPitch Programme will abide by the UN Business Sector Guidelines and priority will only be given to businesses whose operations abide by the guidelines.
- Be a start-up or growth stage SME fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Be available to participate FULL-TIME in the one-week boot camp in Lagos between from Monday to Saturday, July 23 –July 28, 2018 and ALL other required sessions between July 30 and August 23, 2018.
- The top five (5) entrepreneurs from the competition will represent Nigeria in the Regional Elevator Pitch Competition (REPC) in Nairobi, Kenya. The NutriPitch Competition will also provide a platform for the ten participating entrepreneurs to access funding linkages for their businesses.
- June 18– July 7: Call for Application
- July 9 – 12: Shortlisting of Top 30 Applications
- July 17 – 20: Panel Interview & Notification of Top 10 Entrepreneurs for the programme
- July 23 – 28: Boot camp sessions
- August 2 – 22: Post boot camp sessions
- August 23: NutriPitch Competition
- December 6: Graduation of programme fellows
The programme will close out with presentation of awards at the NutriPitch Competition and a graduation ceremony will hold at the FATE Annual Celebration on Thursday, December 6th, 2018.
How to Enter:
Contact: If you have any questions that were not included in this section, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “NutriPitch Inquiry”, or call 0813-187-8271.
Share This Post On: