Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications from first year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for its 2018 Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2018. Deadline for submission of NLNG undergraduate scholarship award is May 18th, 2018.
This was founded as a critical component of education intervention programme for our host communities in 1998 and later opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
A total of 2,833 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scholarship scheme with a spend of over N600 million. The introduction of online application and use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost effective, and increased awareness. The value of the scholarship has been reviewed upward from N100, 000 to N300, 000 per awardee for an academic year and it runs throughout the duration of the student’s course.
NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility
- Have very good West Africa Examination Certificate (WAEC) result or National Examination Council (NECO)result at ONE sitting
- Be a top-scorer at the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- Be Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University
- Not be on any other Scholarship Award
- Not be spouse, child, ward or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply. All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport-size photographs
- WAEC or NECO result
- JAMB result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
Apply Before: May 18, 2018.
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate status of application
- Application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.