Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is now accepting entries for its 2019 World Maritime Day Essay Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition is 12th September, 2019.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organising an Essay Competition to commemorate the World Maritime Day and to create awareness of the tremendous potential and opportunities in the Maritime Sector in Nigeria and indeed Worldwide.
The World Maritime Day is formally celebrated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and by Member States and other entities throughout the world.
Topic for NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
The topic For the essay competition is “Empowering Women in the Maritime Community“, in Line with the theme For the 2019 celebration of the World Maritime Day.
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Prizes.
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website.
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- Seven (7) Consolation Awards of: N100,000 Education Grant each and a plaque
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Requirements.
- Year 1 and 2 Students in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
- Participants must note that they are required to scan proof of being bona fide students alongside their essays.
- Proof will include Letters of Admission & Identity Cards of the Institution.
- Members of staff of NIMASA and their relatives are not eligible to particiape in this competition
How to Enter NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Essays to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The topic for the essay competition should be the subject matter
- Essays should be a maximum of 1,200 words [+ or – 10%] double spaced in Ms word and font size 12
- No collaboration or joint work is allowed
- No plagiarism, in whole or part, will be acceptable
- Essays should end with the name, telephone number and email address of the participant
- Essays that do not Follow the guidelines will be disregarded
- Only successful participants wilt be contacted.
- No essay will be accepted outside the closing date the competition
Winners will be notified by 19th September, 2019 and will be presented their prizes and awards thereafter.