Entries are invited from students of accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions for the 2021 Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC). The deadline for the submission of applications is 31st January 2021.
The Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) is a novel entrepreneurship development program intended to challenge all students of accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions, to apply science, technology and innovation to find home-grown solutions to everyday problems across all sectors of the economy.
We are in the fourth industrial revolution where technology is positively disrupting EVERY sector-including, but not limited to finance, education, health, transportation, entertainment, communication, and retail. The STIC will challenge the next generation of Nigerians to think of innovative ways to apply science and technology to solve the deep problems experienced in every sector of the Nigerian economy. Winners of the 2020 STIC will not only get prizes but will gain exposure to industry experts who will mentor them to scale their innovation into business ideas that will remain profitable while providing more jobs and creating wealth.
Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge Eligibility
- Open to teams of two students from any of the accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- A team can only consist of students who are not graduating before December 2021.
- Students can be from any department in any of the tertiary institutions.
Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge Prizes
- Champions: ₦10,000,000 + Business incubation
- First runner-up: ₦4,000,000 + Business incubation
- Second runner-up: ₦1,500,000
Winning Faculty Guides
- Champions: ₦750,000 + Apple Mac
- First runner-up: ₦500,000
- Second runner-up: ₦250,000
- Champions: Winner’s Trophy + research & development centre
- First runner-up: Second Place Trophy
- Second runner-up: Third Place Trophy
Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge Judging Criteria
- Innovative solution must be scalable.
- Innovative solution must be driven by technology.
- Innovative solution must have real-life applications.
- Innovative solution must proffer a solution to at least one key sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- Innovative solution must create jobs.
- Innovative solution must reduce poverty.
- Innovative solution must be financially profitable and create wealth.
How to Apply for Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Application for the Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 will close on January 31, 2021.
Share This Post On: