Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is now accepting applications from eligible Nigerian undergraduates studying in one of its partner universities for its 5th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. Winner will be awarded, Laptop, N100,000 (hundred thousand Naira) plus a year of paid tuition. Deadline for final submission of applications for the NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition is 2nd December, 2019.
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is pleased to announce the 5th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. We are challenging students to think critically and strategically about change and how they can effect change in Nigeria.
The 2019 Essay Topic theme is Human Capital Development.
“To anchor the economy over the long term, investments in infrastructure and competitiveness must go hand in hand with investments in people. People without roads, ports, and factories can’t flourish. And roads, ports, and factories without skilled workers to build and manage them can’t sustain an economy.” Bill Gates, Co-Founder & Technology Adviser, Microsoft Inc.
Using a case study or example, provide a solution(s) to address the challenges of human capital development in Nigeria.
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition Benefits.
- Grand Prize winner of the 2019 Essay Competition will be awarded a ₦100,000, Laptop with a year of paid tuition
- The First Runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of ₦75,000 plus tuition fee.
The Second Runner-up will be awarded ₦50,000 plus tuition fee.
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition Eligibility.
- All students at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University (Kano), University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria (Nsukka), and University of Port Harcourt.
- Class of 2019 NHEF Scholars are not eligible to participate in this competition.
How to Enter NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition.
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Only one essay may be submitted per student;
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
- The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
- The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
- Submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
- The essay title should be saved as 2019 NHEF Essay Competition – Name Of Applicant
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on December 2, 2019.