News Impact Academy is now accepting applications from creative minds in the media field for its 2018 workshop. Selected participants will be able to attend the Academy free-of-charge and the organisers will arrange and cover travel and accommodation (if needed) to join the Academy. Application deadline is July 20, 2018. See more detail below.
News Impact Academy 2018 in Spain.
Applications are open for the News Impact Academy 2018 taking place in Barcelona – 25 – 26 September 2018.
Organised by the European Journalism Centre, and powered by the Google News Initiative, this series of workshops offers participants the opportunity to unleash their creativity and learn new ways to face some of the most pressing challenges in the journalism industry. The goal is to nurture leadership skills in digital innovators by connecting them with other innovators and giving them the tools to scale their ideas, wherever they work.
The Academy started in 2017 with editions in Rome, Hamburg, Budapest, Manchester and Brussels. This year, we visit five new European cities to explore innovation opportunities in areas like product development, community engagement and newsroom leadership.
Travel and Costs: Selected participants will be able to attend the Academy free-of-charge and the organisers will arrange and cover travel and accommodation (if needed) to join the Academy.
How News Impact Academy Works.
The Academy unfolds during two days and each edition brings together 20 selected participants from different European newsrooms and a variety of backgrounds and skill-sets.
The programme offers:
- Hands-on sessions to learn how to apply user-centered methodologies in the newsroom
- Roundtables to define newsroom challenges and explore potential solutions
- Ask Me Anything sessions and ignite talks with top innovation leaders
- Networking events to connect with fellow digital innovators
News Impact Academy Eligibility.
- The Academy is aimed at digital editors, designers, product owners and developers, social media managers, and other media entrepreneurs.
- They welcome applications from all creative minds in the media field who want to contribute to build a sustainable and innovative future for journalism.
News Impact Academy Benefits.
Key benefits for participants:
Why you should attend the News Impact Academy:
- Meet and learn from leading global innovators
- Discover and master design methodologies that solve everyday challenges
- Develop leadership skills to help you get things done in your team
- Explore and unwind your topic of expertise with a diverse group of professionals
- Learn how other industries approach innovation
- Become a member of the News Impact Slack community
Key benefits for organisations:
Individuals who attend the News Impact Academy will develop skills to accelerate innovation in any newsroom. How it benefits your organisation:
- Professional development motivates and retains staff
- Develops connections and business opportunities
- Builds capacity in your organisation to test new ideas quickly
- Brings new critical perspectives for product development
- Creates innovation evangelists without needing to restructure
- “Levels-up” promising leaders without costing the earth
How to Apply for News Impact Academy.
Due to the limited number of available spots, applicants are asked to fill in an application form in order to be considered for the Academy. The organisers will select participants on the basis of the application form and the session focus of each Academy edition.
Further information: If you have any further questions email us at email@example.com