Nature Research Awards ….
Nature Research is now accepting entries from its 2018 Inspiring Science Award and the Innovating Science Award. Deadline for nominations is 11 June 2018. The two winners (1 for each award) will each receive a grant of $10,000 to spend towards their research.
Nature Research is proud and excited to announce our inaugural Inspiring Science Award and Innovating Science Award, in partnership with The Estée Lauder Companies.
Nature Research has always strived to support gender equity and to showcase the work of female researchers. The aim of the two new Nature Research Awards, in partnership with The Estée Lauder Companies, is to celebrate and support the achievements of leading women in science and of those who have encouraged girls and young women to engage with STEM subjects around the world.
About Nature Research Awards
In 2018, we are launching two new Nature Research Awards: the Inspiring Science Award and the Innovating Science Award.
- The Inspiring Science Award celebrates an outstanding early career researcher who self-identifies as female
- The Innovating Science Award will honour an individual or organisation who has driven initiatives to encourage girls or young women to engage with STEM subjects
Nature Research Awards Benefits
- All longlisted candidates (10 for each award) will be profiled on the Nature Research Awards website and will have access to a closed mentoring network.
- All shortlisted candidates (5 for each award) will have a short media-friendly video prepared for them.
- The two winners (1 for each award) will each receive a grant of $10,000 to spend towards their research or initiative, up to $5,200 APC or event funding, an invitation to the award ceremony and to give a talk at The Estée Lauder Companies, and a profile on the careers feature of Nature and Nature.com.
Nature Research Awards Eligibility
Inspiring Science Award
- Open to exceptional scientists who self-identify as female and who are within 10 years of completing their PhD;
- Nominations are invited from around the globe and from all subject areas;
- Candidates should be nominated by laboratory heads, department heads or someone else from their institute;
- This award is based on academic achievement, but the independent judging process and panel will ensure that those working in adverse circumstances or in regions where there is limited access to the scientific literature will not be unfairly disadvantaged.
Innovating Science Award
- Open to everyone (individuals and groups) who works on projects or initiatives that encourage girls or young women to become more aware of, or engaged in, any STEM subject in any region around the world.
Nature Research Awards Key Dates
- Call for nominations (Inspiring Science Award) or applications (Innovating Science Award) opens: 9 April 2018
- Call closes: 11 June 2018
- Longlist published: 24 July 2018
- Shortlist published: 4 September 2018
- Winner announced: October/November 2018
How to Submit Entries for Nature Research Awards
Candidates can self-nominate for the Innovating Science Award but must be nominated by others for the Inspiring Science Award.
Share This Post On: