Media Sound Hamburg, in partnership with the Music In Africa Foundation, is calling on young film music composers, video game music composers and sound designers to apply for a scholarship to take part in an exciting summer school in Hamburg, Germany, between 8 and 17 June 2018.
The successful candidate will get to attend various masterclasses, workshops, forums and special events while interacting with international film composers and industry professionals throughout the 10 days of the summer school.
The lecturers at this year’s Media Sound Hamburg will include Frans Bak (The Killing, Doctor Foster), Martin Hernandez (Oscar nominations for Birdman  and The Revenant ) and Ari Pulkkinen (video game music for Angry Birds, Dead Nation, Outland), among others.
Media Sound Hamburg – Music In Africa Foundation Scholarship Benefits.
- A scholarship to Media Sound Hamburg 2018 (8 to 17 June 2018)
- Free choice of any masterclass, workshop, forum or special event at Media Sound Hamburg
- Flights (economy), accommodation and a per diem.
Media Sound Hamburg – Music In Africa Foundation Scholarship Eligibility.
Applicants need to:
- Be from an African country
- Be under 30 years old
- Have experience in music composition
- Have an interest in sound design/film music composition/video game music composition
- Have a valid passport
How to Apply for Media Sound Hamburg – Music In Africa Foundation Scholarship.
Follow the link below to submit your application:
The application deadline is 25 April 2018 and the winner of the scholarship will be selected on 3 May 2018.