The MTN Foundation is now accepting applications from students studying in public tertiary institutions in Nigeria for its Science & Technology Scholarship Scheme (STSS) and Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (SSBS) (phase 9). See the requirements and how to apply for MTN scholarship below.
The MTN Foundation Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time second year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
MTNF has awarded over N1.9 Billion in scholarships t0 3,469 students from inception to date.
Three hundred and sixty (360) qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends. The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.
MTNF awards annual scholarships to eligible students studying a science related discipline and blind students studying any discipline under its Science & Technology Scholarship Scheme (STSS) and Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (SSBS) respectively.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Schemes Benefits.
Since 2010, over 9,000 scholarships have been awarded. The scholarships, awarded on an annual basis, is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira). This covers tuition, book allowances and living allowances for one academic year.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Schemes Eligibility.
- STSS is open to all:
- 3rd year students from Public Tertiary Institutions with 3.5 CGPA or its equivalent Second Class Upper
- HND Students with a minimum of 3.0GPA (Upper credit) at their OND Programme
- Scholarships will be renewed for the existing students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
- Blind students studying any discipline in their 2nd and 3rd year, with a minimum CCPA of 2.5 or its equivalent, are open to apply for theSBSS.
Students studying any of the following courses can apply:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics.Computational Modeling
- Pure/Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
How to Apply for MTN Scholarship.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and MTN Foundation bears sole responsibility for final selection of successful beneficiaries.
For more details, please contact Oluwafemi Raji on 08032003181 or email@example.com and Christian Osi on 08032002473 or Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: August 16, 2019.