Mittal Institute, Harvard University is now accepting applications from suitably qualified high-potential candidates for its 2020 Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program. The deadline for submission of applications for the Mittal Institute, Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program is 30th August, 2019.
The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program was inaugurated in 2017 as a joint effort between the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, HBS Professors Tarun Khanna and Karim Lakhani, and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
Mittal Institute, Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program Eligibility.
The third edition of the Crossroads Program expands to include targeted online sessions ahead of an in-person learning experience conducted in Dubai. The Crossroads Program is aimed at high-potential candidates from across Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the United States that are facing challenges of financial and social circumstances, to expose them to Harvard and its courses.
Round One of the program will be entirely online and open to all eligible applicants. A number of courses produced by HarvardX, a division of Harvard University, will be open to Crossroads students, who will be required to complete one or more of the offered sessions within a specific timeframe. Upon successful completion of a course, students will then be granted the opportunity to undergo a psychometric and aptitude assessment to unlock their strengths and unique abilities.
To be eligible for Round One, candidates:
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the United States (Note: any existing and official proof of nationality will suffice at this stage. Please refer to our extensive Frequently Asked Questions page for further details.)
- Must be the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenging financial circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
Mittal Institute, Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program Cost.
- Cost: FREE (The program will cover the costs of international travel from select locations, board, lodging, and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
How to Apply for Mittal Institute, Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program.
To apply for the Crossroads Program, you will need to first create an XID account, then complete an online application through CARAT. To begin the application process, please follow the visual instructions by clicking the button below. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours to access your CARAT account once you have registered for your XID. Ensure you allow at least 48 hours to complete your application.
Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST